A Blast (of Elegance) from the Past

All of us have the urge to dig through our own closets from time to time right? Only to find remnants of our old self that was rather... stylishly disturbing (oh God those jeans), yet we never cease to amuse ourselves. We always smile at the idea that at one point of time, we used to wear something that our current selves find really hideous and once again, disturbing.



vintage handbags
BUT, it's a different story when we dig up someone else's closet. We actually find bits of the person's past as we scramble through his or HER closet. In my case, it's my mom's. She's my guardian angel, the one person who actually cares and doesn't just send "GWS, I miss youuuu!!" text when I'm sick. We all know of our mothers' magic and we are grateful for them.

In my case, it's not just magic, it's probably a miracle, a paradise, her closet I mean -the person too, obviously- but her collection of handbags can only be describe with one word, "AWWWSOME"

Take a sneak peek:

vintage handbags



Timeless clutches with long straps, some of the real treasures I found...

vintage handbag
The real vintage Yves Saint Laurent


Vintage handbags
Maroon sling Aigner

vintage clutch
Brown Lanvin
These are the other gems I found, some have straps that are a little bit long as an ordinary shoulder handbag, but too short to be a cross body, well they are classic 90's handbags though.

vintage designer handbags
Red Aigner tote bag



classic designer handbags
Black Dior


vintage black handbag
Black Nina Ricci, this one I particularly love


handbag vintage
Black Gobelini, showed signs of wear

If you haven't already, start begging your mom for permission to dig up her closet. Even if you don't find anything that you can see yourself wearing (which I highly doubt), you can still have fun figuring out what kind of person she was before little brats like us -you and your siblings, if you have any- turn her world upside down!



Cheers!
-The Dilly Chic-

No comments:

Post a Comment