List of Make Up Must Haves

Wearing make up is necessity for women. It's necessary to hide that under eye sack because that neighbor's (or your) dog couldn't stop yapping all night, or maybe because of that awful pimple or brown complexion that messes up your day. Either way, makeups are necessary. Even if you don't have these problems, you will need these to look fresher, to look bright, because all day of working, looking gloomy, and perhaps sweating is not going to impress anyone.

For those of us who don't have an hour to do makeup, I'm gonna list the most essential make up that everyone should have. I conduct this list with help from my peers, they're not professionals, but they are all make up savvy. But isn't that what we need? Someone who actually knows what normal people need.  


Must Have Make up
Here's the list of makeup must haves:
1. Compact powder; when possible, I use foundation and powder separately, but some of us don't have the time to apply something twice, so I'd like to use the two in one cake powders, that provide foundation and powder in one compact. You might want to choose a color that is one shade warmer than your skin tone. I recommend NARS Powder Foundation. You actually can go for the liquid or the powder, they're both amazing, just be picky about the color. Darker is always better than paler. Always.

NARS Powder Foundation


2. Eyeliners and eye shadows; do I even need to mention these? For all day workers, I highly suggest the waterproof ones. Black, dark brown, or navy are my top options, and I especially love NARS Eyeliner Stylo, they're amazing for the price offered.  I've always loved the idea of a stylo rather than the liquid-brush applied ones. The pencils are great too if you're looking for more of a blend in colors with the shadows.

eyeliner stylo
NARS Eyeliner Stylo


For the shadows I can suggest BH Cosmetics 6 Color Eyeshadow Pro (image below). Again, it's very affordable for the quality it provides. You can personally customize the palette to your liking. When customizing, I would suggest mixing some matte and shimmers in your palette. An amazing warm combo for the summer and fall is purple and gold. You can pick the rest to your liking, of course. Fell free to ask me if you need any opinion, though!

BH Cosmetics 6 Color Eyeshadow Pro

3. Nude and bright colored lipstick; Use nude when applying heavy color eye makeup, and use the bright when you're too lazy to make perfect shades on the eyes. One thing to keep in mind: if the eye is heavy, the lips go light, and vice versa. You can also use gloss for more sassy look. For the nude one, I can recommend Rouge Unlimited Lipstick Collection from Shu Uemura, I suggest the medium fuchsia (the fourth one in the pink section), or the medium grapefruit pink (second one on the coral section). Choosing nude lip colors is not as easy as you might think, since each of us has different natural lip colors. If your lips is naturally pink/pale, I suggest the coral one, and if your lip is rather darker/richer in color naturally, the nude pink will work better.

Shu Uemura Medium Fuchsia
Medium Fuchsia
shu uemura lipstick medium grapefruit pink
Medium Grapefruit Pink


4. Nude brown and pink blush; By brown, I mean you can choose something that's a shade or two darker than your skin tone. You can use the brown for more formal occasions, as they will emphasize your cheek bones and give you more sense of authority (true story!). The pink one, you can have fun with it, use it on casual days, beach day, or anything else. For blushes, I can recommend NARS Cosmetics Cream Blush, choose Lokoum for the reddish pink tone, and Constantinople for the rich dark brown shade.

NARS cream blush
NARS Cream Blush - Lokoum

5. Black and translucent mascara; Translucent mascara are very useful when your lashes are already thick, but they're also good when you're aiming for a less dramatic look. Try e.l.f. Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara, they cost $1.00, you probably can't find a better deal for the quality. I haven't owned one myself but some of my friends own them and I gave one a try. Great price for the quality and vice versa. The black cost only $3.00 if you're curious. Black or navy mascaras are good when you need to spice things up a little.

Eye Makeup
That's it! Too simple? Yeah, life should be simple. I'm sure there are someone who would prefer I put eye and lip primer as a must have here, but then again, most of us don't have that much time.

Last tips: To make your eye shades last longer, apply liquid foundation on eyes and don't cover it with powder. For the lips, after first application, press your lips to a cloth/ tissue paper, then reapply.





Cheers!
-The Dilly Chic-

No comments:

Post a Comment